Saturday, March 8

Day 4/5: How Much is Enough?

Hey All!

This entry will be much shorter;)

Yesterday at school a co-worker of mine mentioned that she no longer eats apples because they are full of "carbs."

I was pretty shocked, because well, I had an apple in my lunch.  I eat tons of apples.  Despite their lower vitamin and mineral count they have their benefits.  [But discussing the nutritional value of apples is not the point.]  Sassy me made a mumbling comment about how it was amazing that while my co-worker does not eat apples, I was the one who has gotten pinned "with an eating disorder" despite the fact I have chowed down lots of apples this month!

My principal, being the wise man he is, over heard me and said gently "we all need different levels of calorie intake" and then continued to devour his lunch.  I sighed...he's right!

I run, so I need a TON of calories to enhance my running!  I typically get 1600 a day--a number that is debated to not be enough for me sometimes.  I know a few of my fitness pals have an intake lower than 1,000 and I know people who have an intake over 2,000 calories and still lose weight!  It's all what you do for your lifestyle that will justify how many calories you intake.

How do you find out?  You should use a calorie calculator that you can find here.  Keep in mind this is how you would maintain the weight that you have!  If you want to lose weight, then you will have to follow a different formula [one that I will post in a future post].

Anyways, let's get to what I ate on March 6th and March 7th.

March 6th:
Breakfast: Enchilada!

Yes, I realize that this isn't necessary "breakfast" food, but remember what I said about unhealthy sweets?  Eat them in the AM!  Well, Kyle's mom on occasion brings me food and I take advantage of it!  Thursdays are my "lazy days," and it shows!  Don't worry, it's full of beans and light on the chicken and cheese--about 300 calories an enchilada!

Lunch: [Another] Enchilada with yogurt, strawberries and raisons.


I don't typically eat the same thing twice in a row...but...it was the first leftover I grabbed in the fridge.  Everything else was nice and yummy:)

Dinner: Orange glazed pork with apple salad


Not my favorite type of pork; but I'm glad I tried it.  I loved the apple salad!  Here is my apple salad recipe:

Apple Salad:
2 cups of spinach/spring mix
1/2 of an apple, chopped into fine pieces
1/4 cup of walnuts
1/2 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
apple vinegar
tarragon vinegar

Cut up all veggies/fruit.  Heat up a fry pan and sauté the walnuts for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.  Add to spinach.  Pour in your desired amount of apple vinegar and tarragon vinegar and mix together.  Serve.

Snacks:
1 Fiber Bar (9AM) c/1 muffin
1 cup of carrots (1:25PM)
1 mini muffin and two crackers (yes, that's a snack for me!) (3:30PM)

March 7th:
Breakfast:


Lunch:
Leftover apple salad and sweet potato c/ a side of yogurt and raisons:)



Dinner:
Clean pizza!


In a future date, I will give you my recipe for making this awesome pizza!

Snack:
-Wheaties (8:00-10:00AM; I was grazing!)
-Carrots (1:25PM)
-Strawberries (3:00PM)
-Popcorn, shrimp and some m&m's (whoops!) (9:00PM)

That's all I got for now!  Have a great night!

<3
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment with me!