Thursday, February 27

The Oatmeal Edition

Good Morning!

I am calling this entry the "Oatmeal Edition," because I am enjoying a good 1/2 cup of oatmeal with apples, cinnamon, vanilla extract and brown sugar!  In addition to it being super yummy and filling, it's also super healthy!

Speaking of super healthy, I am going to start something different in March.  In honor of March Madness, and National Health Nutrition Month, I am going to start posting what I eat daily on my blog.  First of all, my daily posts will give myself ownership in what I eat, as well as give you an idea of what goes into my mouth every day!  [Other than my foot.]

Why am I doing this you ask?  Isn't posting what I eat on Facebook a normal thing that I do?  Well, this is a little different.  I am going to post more information about my healthy food marathon.  [At this point, maintaining a healthy life style is a marathon, not a sprint!] I am going to post where I got the recipe from, or if it is my own creation, I will post my own recipe.  I am going to talk about how I felt after I ate something or if I even ate enough [or too much] for the day.  I think it is very important to communicate those issues with people who are trying to get fit and healthy!  Sometimes, us fit-people forget how difficult and frustrating it was when we started our journey.  It IS hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle.  It IS scary to know that old habits, old foods that you used to like, are going to slowly diminish out of your life.   If you are doing it correctly, you will naturally fall out of loving those foods, but the thought of that could be scary!  [It was for me!]

If my blog posts come across preachy, I am sorry.  My only goals for me doing this is A] Inspiring other people to eat the same good stuff I do, B] Remind myself of all the good food that I eat and C] Blog more often!

So, although March 1st in is 2 days, here is my breakfast recipe!  I made it myself and it's totally YUM!

Em's YUM Oatmeal:
Makes 1 serving
1/2 Cup of dry rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 an apple

Heat up rolled oats.  Pour in ingredients, mix it up and enjoy!
1 serving = 1 incarnation of the recipe!
Calories: approx 250

Have a happy [Healthy!] day!

<3
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment with me!