Monday, August 5

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Hey All,

Since I needed a mental break from writing a text book, I decided to do some more card making.  Since I have been working super hard at school I decided to make some quick Thank-You Cards.  I found out last year I couldn't have made enough Thank You Cards last year.  I probably used about 20!  Yikes!  This Thursday, Brittany my [fake] sister and I are going to do some paper crafting.  Instead of doing scrapbooking (which I hoped to do), I will probably make about 50 Thank You Cards so I am fully stocked up for the school year.

So this is what I did to make what I call a Quick Thank You Card.  It is quick and easy to make!  

1/First I got some alcohol inks.  I chose "Pool," "Sunset Orange" and "Forest Green"  Two important things to know about inks.  A/They stain your clothes!  So be careful!  B/It is easy to mix up the caps.  So I always lay my inks out like so: 


2/Then I stain the pad.  Like so: 


3/Then I stamp the paper to pieces.  Stamp! Stamp! Stamp!  All my piggies HATE this sound...(sorry this picture looks bad, call it an action shot!)



4/Viola!  I let them dry.  It takes a whole 2 minutes for the colors to set.


Because you have to reapply the ink each time, your colors are going to look different!  Each and every time!  The first one had more of a berry look, while the other two are not as berry-fruity looking.


5/Then I take a stamp and stamp right onto the nice ink image, glue it onto a card and...


Didn't I tell you it was super easy!?!?!  It took me about 30 minutes to make four cards....that's less than 10 minutes per card!  And I am sure it would go faster if I wasn't taking so many photos on my camera to share with you guys and I didn't completely fumble on the first card.  They are simple and look super flashy, with little to no time at all!




More to come soon!
<3
Em

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! Can you show me how to do this? I'll buy my own inks if you bring me somewhere to get them. I used about 50 thank you cards last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Sure! Before you leave for Janesville, go to Creations Galore and get paper that can be used with alcoholic ink paper. It's about 2.50 for a pack of 10. The rest you can get down here in Janesville!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment with me!