Monday, January 27

Thank You for the Libros

Hi Everybody!

I have been getting LOTS of feedback on my food!  Just tonight I was told by a co-worker that I have "inspired him to start cooking."  [Um, Awesome!]

So I want to start sharing some of my fabulous cooking tips and foods I have been working with!  However, not tonight!  Tonight I am going to share some of the books that I love and have motivated me to start cooking healthier in the first place! I think it's important to give homage to books that inspire you and I feel cookbooks don't get enough of it!

The top 3 books that have inspired me to cook better...

#3 <frame<by<frame Asian Cooking



This book got me to actually cook...without needing my friend Leah to hold my hand.  The pictures are beautiful and helpful, especially with the odd asian foods you don't normally see.  This book got me to go into an Asian grocery store for the first time.    I learned all about different sauces and how to use a wok properly.  I just recently found out that it is part of a series...which makes me PUMPED!  There is a baking version...perhaps I can finally try to master the art of OCD food making!


#2 Healthy Eating By Susanna Holt



This was another first cookbook I got.  I hated how she had so many ingredients for the recipes.  Once I got all of the spices though, making food from this book was a lot easier.  I also liked the introduction on how to keep whole foods and whole grains the centerpiece of your diet.    Some of my favorite recipes come from this book!  Sadly the sequel, Fit Food wasn't as yummy as this one.

And the number one book that inspired me to cook clean, healthy and yummy was...

#1 Clean Eating by Tosca Reno



I found this book at BN one day while looking for another Susanna Holt Book.  This book changed my life.  She goes into significant detail about what clean eating is, how clean eating works biologically and how to change from a poor diet to clean eating.  I read this book cover to cover that night.  I love it.   Her recipes also look good...I've yet to try one.  (I accidentally shipped my copy to my parent's house so I have to wait to get it from them before I can cook from it.)

So there you have it...three books that have inspired me to eat better!  If you are looking for some good clean food, I would easily in a heartbeat recommend these books!

Stay Warm!

<3
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment with me!